Sunday, November 3, 2013

Davao Jeepney Guide: Route 4

Hi all! First of all, I want to remind my readers that this would be my first blog so I apologize if everything is just too simple. I'm quite direct to the point so let's get this started!

Route 4
If you want a quick tour downtown, just take this route. This jeepney can help you if you want to go from north to south or the other way around. Davao is quite huge (there's South and North but let's get to that next time. Let's start in the middle.)

The Cycle

> Quezon Boulevard > Claveria Street. > J.P. Laurel Ave. > Dacudao Ave. > Agdao Flyover >Leon Garcia Street > Quezon Boulevard

Map


Source: Google map

Site to remember

In order for you not to get lost, you must always look out for this spots. You need not worry though if you got lost because you can just go down from where you got on.

Quezon Boulevard:

> Timeless treasure building (violet bldg)
> NCCC Express Blvd branch (NCX) 
> Merco Blvd branch

At the end of this road, there will be a crossing then the jeepney would turn right going to San Pedro Street
then turn right again to Claveria.

Claveria Street:

> The Royale House Travel Inn and Suites
> AVON
> Aldevinco
Source: Google


> Marco Polo hotel
> Ateneo De Davao University
> STI College
> Metal Hospital
> Gaisano Mall Davao

J.P. Laurel Ave.

> Convenience Store
> Victoria Plaza
> NBI
> SEDA
> Abreeza
> Davao Light
> Buhangin Flyover
> SaveMore
> SSS
> Davao Medical Center

Then there would be a crossing where the jeep would turn right to Cabaguio Ave.

Cabaguio Ave.

> Lon Wa Buddhist Temple
> Iglesia Ni Cristo
> Assumption College of Davao
> Prince Court

Then you'll pass at flyover at Agdao. This is the only flyover that the jeepney will pass so it's very OBVIOUS (There's only few flyovers in Davao). After the flyover will be Leon Garcia Street.

Leon Garcia Street

>  (Some stores that sell wood/lumber)
> Magsaysay Park/ Magsaysay Fruit Vendors Assoc. Stalls 
> PIAPI Public Market

Then you're back to Quezon Boulevard

Rate
A whole turn might cost you 15 to 20 peso. Minimum rate is 8 peso and after 4 km. it increases to 1 peso/km. Please be reminded that these rates i'm talking about is applicable this year 2013 or until next increase (0_0)

This summarizes a bit of everything you need to know about Route 4. If time allows, I wish to write more about other routes *sigh*. I only have one goal for this and that is to let anyone new to Davao an easy/cheaper mode of transportation. Please remember that jeepneys are NOT AIRCONDITIONED so don't expect too much. Also, take care of your belongings wherever you go.

Feel free to let me know some points for improvement/questions. 
Just post them down below and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm away from work. lol (^u^)


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Not sure you will get this message, but I will try anyway. I was looking for a map of Jeepney routes in Davao and the only one I found was route 4 on your blog. My guess is that there is no proper map, but it seems to me that we cantry to make one using google Mymaps (or Earth) and mytracks, and getting contributions from the "public". What do you think ? Thanks
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Davao Jeepney Guide: Route 4

Hi all! First of all, I want to remind my readers that this would be my first blog so I apologize if everything is just too simple. I'm ...